1. Rice, you are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful thing and I miss eating you on a daily basis. Someday I will get my lazy ass up and work out so I don’t have to skip on eating you and not gain those bwisit pounds as well. (Oh Rex Dizon you saw this coming, didn’t you.) But for now I have to stay with the veggies.
2. Funny how last Friday I had like six people texting me about AI results almost simultaneously. (The last time mass texting on a single topic happened was last year when mi lovely Mavs swept Team Kobe.) And the first three were like this:
My sister: Jessica is in. Josh is out.
My boss’ secretary: BFF, Jessica is in Phillip is out!
My friend Kaye Conde: Jessica is in!
And I was literally dying because these guys were all in Team J and I wanted to scream “I don’t care about Jessica Sanchez tell me what really happened to Phillip!” Thankfully it turned out that BFF was messing up with me. I don’t have anything against Jessica, but I can’t be blamed for liking Phillip over her the same way you can’t blame someone for liking blue over pink or sinigang over adobo, can I? I appreciate Phillip’s music, I don’t feel the same about Jessica’s. That’s just it.
3. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I cried during the finale of this season’s The Vampire Diaries (heck, I am embarrassed to admit that I watch this crap). And no, it wasn’t in any of the scenes featuring the Damon-Elena-Stefan triangle (Honestly it’s what makes the show crap. Too bad they’re the main characters) or because Klaus pseudo-died, but… wait for it… the Original Siblings scenes!
When Elijah was trying to make a deal with the Scooby Gang to get Klaus’ body and Stefan asked why Elijah wanted Klaus back when all Klaus ever did was dagger them and lock them up in coffins, Elijah said “He is my brother. We remain together.” And I was like
And then during the scene when Elijah told Rebekah that "He's gone, Elijah. And I couldn't do anything to stop it!"and then Elijah embraced his sister and they cried,
Klaus you are sooo lucky because Elijah and Bex (and probably Kol too) love you so much even though all you do is threaten to dagger them and cart them around in coffins.
Gawd I am such a sucker for sibling looooooooove.
4. Speaking of loooooooooove, last Friday Dr. Saldana’s computer messed up a little so when he typed in ‘capital’ he got too many a’s so the screen ended up projecting ‘capitaaaaaal’. My seatmate Kevin Jazmines laughed and said it was like girl talk with the vowels-stretching to elongate words like waaaaaaaaaah or omygaaaaaaaad. And when I think about it, he’s right. I mean, I’m sooooo guilty of that. But why is it that only girls seem to do that? I can’t think of a guy I’ve texted or chatted with who did or does that.
5. I recently heard David Archuleta’s version of Forevermore, and I was like, swoon. I never liked the original version of the song, but here comes Archiebaby singing it and tada! It’s suddenly beautiful. I could have colonial mentality or I just really like Archuleta.
Praying it’s the latter.