Ambula

10:45 AM

Me: Does it make me a bad person if I feel defensive when people comment on the things I write?

Kuya Rex: Haha, what do you think?

I guess it’s human nature. Everybody wants to be praised, but nobody wants to be criticized.

So me, I’m just going to try my damnedest to rise above my human frailties. I will take in everything with humble modesty that will spit graciously on the face of condescension. I will feast on approval leisurely and savor every moment of it; I will chew rebuke determinedly until it’s tender enough to swallow.

***

Kase sa totoo lang, ang tagal-tagal ko ‘tong hinihintay.

Pero bakit ngayong nandito na, parang hindi naman ako masaya?

…siguro kase dapat pag nag-let go ka na, hindi mo man lang dapat isipin na balikan pa.


***

Guess who Jan invited to lunch at Manila Pen next week.

You Might Also Like