I am delighted to inform you

1:22 PM


that you may now add 'can give the scientific names of all 27 recognized species of cobras' in the list of my special but probably useless abilities. :)

How did I end up memorizing scientific names of cobras?


Well when I saw this girl I thought she was so pretty that I just had to follow a link discussing her. She as well as her picture is owned by Peter Pastor of Slovakia lest I be accused of stealing photos. The link led to a venomous snake forum run by  'herpetoculturists' and academics who refer to cobras with their scientific names so no one gets confused over local/popular names. I spent about a day in that forum and tata!

I also learned that the king cobra is not a real cobra... and that there is a country somewhere called Burkina Faso where there are a lot of cobras. :)

You Might Also Like