Say Hello to DEMIAN.

11:38 AM

One week after an evil taxi driver took of with my beloved 7610 Supernova, MARCO, I finally have a new phone. Say hello to my Samsung 3600, DEMIAN.

Faithful to my tradition of naming important stuff, I named my phone after Demian Maia, one of my favorite UFC fighters and probably my favorite BJJ martial artist. Actually, I considered naming him Kenny after Kenny Florian, another beloved BJJ-er (Yes, I love grapplers. Ground and pound is one of the most brutally beautiful and beautifully brutal things in this world) or Felipe after my beloved Buddy Felipe Pablo, but in the end I settled for the name Demian because... well, I like how it sounds. And Demian Maia is really cute.

Please don’t tell me that Demian’s color is unflattering (I like gold. Deal with it.) or that he’s too big (I like big things. They make me feel… “Like a man?” Al Rivera offered over dinner once) or that Marco’s brand and specs and features are so much better (I loved Marco more than anyone else in this world did, dammit!). After all, Demian cost just over seven grand and at that price you shouldn’t expect him to come with the same flashy stuff that Marco’s fifteen grand price tag came with. What’s important is that I like Demian and he’s here to stay. ^_^

We’ve been together for just about three days, but things have been going pretty well. Demian’s got the basic things I need and I love love love his huge keypads. I’ve started using him as my alarm clock and playing Megan Joy’s Walking After Midnight through him while I take my leisure baths, much like how I used Marco, and so far Demian has been reliable.

I still miss Marco a lot though, especially his 3.2 MP camera, creatable message folders, slide body and 0 spacebar. You have no idea how much I wanted to cry when I dug out his former housing, which is all that I have left of him. I’d give up almost anything to have Marco back. Lord, alam mo kung gaano ko minahal si Marco. Ikaw na ang bahala kay Manong Taxi Driver.

The day I told him that I had lost Marco, Rex Dizon tried to cheered me up by saying that I’ll live through this. I doubted him then, thinking that I’d spend every waking moment of my life thinking about Marco. But now, with Demian around, I’m sure that what Kuya Rex said will be true. ^_^

PS: I’d like to thank Julyn Tiatco for lending me her LG KS360, Xonja Ramos for lending me her N70 and Janine Satorre for lending me her spare SIM card last week. Lord, thank you for giving me such wonderful friends. ^_^

You Might Also Like