Thanks

6:08 PM

This has been long overdue, but I would like to thank my friend Joseph (oh yes I remembered your real name! ^_^) for uploading the patches and maps I needed for my .48 era DotA marathon during the holidays. I started playing at late .68 so the DotA I know now is sooo different from the DotA back then. (I remember Kuya Dawn saying that this was the version he played, hmmmm.)

Click images to zoom. 



 Bases looked different dahil unti pa ang taverns and the shops didn't have kick-ass names yet. 


Um these things I do not know what to make of - those arrows sa taas ng heroes, yung ridge from sentinel base going to mid lane at yung giant ewan arc sa mid entrance ng scourge. I'm just glad natanggal ang mga yan along the way.


Shops at top and bot lanes used to be this shop called Sagarel the Evil. I say I like the current shops better.


Walang option to always show health bars! Does that mean before you last-hit/kill you have to click on your opponent first to see kung last-hitabble or killable na siya?


Buti nalang din naisip ni ice-frog na lagyan ng merit ang assists (I mean, unfair that only the killer gets gold and XP when other team mates helped out) at tanggalin yung blahblah the blahblah has fallen. It's annoying.


Also, item remakes! I'm torn whether I like bote now or bote before better, but I'm certain that I like Aghanim's before than Aghanim's now. I forgot which replay I watched it from so no screencap but I remember that it gave something like +500 hp, +500 mana and +30 int. Imba!

***

So this is gonna be my last DotA post for a long time because even though I like this game a lot, 2011 was a catastrophic year for the sport, what with legendary teams disbanding, legendary players retiring and the introduction of DotA 2 dividing the players - Europeans generally jumped ship to DotA 2 so now only the Asians are active.

It makes me really sad because there are a lot of European teams I like a lot, so I've decided to take a break from following the sport while the dust settles. Hopefully after a few months there will be new teams, old-hand comebacks and a reinvigorated passion for the only e-sport I follow. :)

Of course, even though the DotA fangirl in me has been through so many game-related heartbreaks lately, there are still a few things that manage to make me smile. Among these is a replay of... who else? :)


See how only one player has picked a hero at this mark? He knows exactly who he wants to get. :)



Team mates wanna swap, does he take it or not?


He sticks to Lina and goes off to pwn! At mababaw ang aking kaligayahan. :)

You Might Also Like